You’ve likely heard the term “career coaching” thrown around quite a bit during your job search. Maybe you’ve considered hiring a career coach to drive not only results but also spark accountability. Many of our loyal clients at EBR consider us for all their career coaching needs, and we are thankful for that. But we don’t feel like that moniker tells the entire story.
What we actually are is career transition strategists. A career coach is someone who will offer solutions and empower you to make informed decisions about your career trajectory. A career transition strategist goes beyond career coaching by walking you through the entire journey rather than push a process. Our goal is not only to help you find the right career — we want you to become a better version of yourself. The advice you receive should be personalized to your situation.
- Make the job search less confusing and stressful
- Ask you why you want to change jobs and what you’re looking for
- Make sure you’re applying for the positions you are qualified for
- Shorten the amount of time you search before landing the right position
- Help you determine what the right fit means to you (What are you good at? What do you enjoy?)
- Teach you how to interview so that you find the right fit
- Improve your confidence through the process by providing the right advice for your situation
- Guide you through negotiating a salary
As your career transition strategist, we talk to you about the things you can do to be successful in your job search. We also tell you what you need to stop or avoid doing. Good coaches are honest and direct. If you are not qualified for a position you want to apply for, they’ll tell you, tell you why, and work with you to determine the qualifications you need.